Wes Hamby, president and CEO of Enrollforce, LLC, is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. He shared three tips for young advisers in the field, like other Rising Stars have done throughout the month. The Huntsville, Ala.-based professional has grown his voluntary business 30% in the past five years. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Hamby and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. Use technology to your advantage and do your research. I have been looking at enterprise solutions from the big names for all kinds of purposes like inventory control, expense tracking, remote support and so on that can cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, Hamby says. With some targeted research and combining of technologies I have founds apps that cost less than $5.00 that have the same functionality as extremely expensive enterprise solutions. Dont always let enterprise solutions drive a decision as this is the easy route and many times not as good as some of the cheaper or no-cost solutions.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access