Megan Cumbers, senior consultant at Laurus Strategies, is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. She shared three tips for young advisers in the field, like other Rising Stars have done throughout the month. The Chicago-based adviser says that social media connections are going to transform the way the next wave of advisers do business. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Cumbers and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. Ask a lot of questions.
2. Challenge yourself and those around you. Challenge why we have the current processes in place, she says, and make recommendations on how we can improve current processes.
3. Really listen to a clients objectives and needs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access