Erin Devine, benefits specialist at CBG Benefits, is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. She shared three tips for young advisers in the field, like other Rising Stars have done throughout the month. The Woburn, Mass.-based adviser says shes noticed younger advisers leading with technology discussions at networking events, rather than insurance. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Devine and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. Keep educating. You must stay current in regards to regulations that impact the industry, Devine says. Things are changing quickly; if a client gets the feeling that you are behind, they will quickly move on to an adviser or broker that is committed to staying up to date and educating them.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access