Justin Hanratty, CEO at Hanratty & Associates, Inc., is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. He shared three tips for other young advisers in the field, like other Rising Stars have done this month. The Minneapolis, Minn.-based professional says first and foremost younger advisers should take advantage of their knowledge of millennials when networking to get ahead. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Hanratty and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. Get coached. Find a mentor with great integrity and character that is a match to your career aspirations, Hanratty says for those starting out in the business.
2. The perfect match. Choose an agency that matches your core values and vision so you are confident representing them in the marketplace, he continues.
3. Serve others. Focus your energy on what you can do for others and you will find success, he says.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access