Predicting an employee’s future success at a company has traditionally stumped experts, and relying on metrics such as IQ level, only tells 25% of the story. What makes up the other 75%, according to Shawn Achor, Harvard researcher and positive psychology expert, is optimism that your behavior matters, a positive social support system, and whether you view a challenge as a stress or an impetus to improve.
Achor enthused the audience at the 6th Annual Employee Benefit Adviser Summit and Employee Benefit News Benefits Forum and Expo in Dallas, Texas on Sunday afternoon with his research findings and solutions to ensuring long-term happiness, which ensures that people thrive in their work and family environments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access