Chad Schneider, broker market director at Aflac, is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. He shared three tips for other young advisers in the field, like other Rising Stars have done throughout the month. The Irvine, Calif.-based adviser says that competition amongst the younger generation of advisers will lead to success in the business. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Schneider and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. There is something you can learn from everyone, Schneider says, even the people you dont initially think you can. Be patient and open to all people and their experiences.
2. The spoils go to the victor and in order to win, you need to be a constant student. No matter how much you think you know and how successful you get, dont ever stop learning, he says.
3. Have lots of fun, he says. If you get to the point where you are not having fun and enjoying the ride, it is time to get off.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access