Matthew Glaros, vice president of sales at Employer Benefit System, Inc., is one of Employee Benefit Advisers 2014 Rising Stars in Advising. He shared three tips for other young advisers in the field, like two other Rising Stars have done this month. My dad gave me the best words of advice when I started and I always like to relay them to anyone new in the industry, says the Chicago area-based professional whose father started their business 36 years ago and works with him today as the president of their firm. Stay tuned to EBA for more on Glaros and our other nine Rising Stars.
1. Be philanthropic, too. Create your brand both professionally and philanthropically, Glaros says is his dads first piece of wisdom.
2. Specialize. Become an expert of something, he adds.
3. The golden rule. Dont worry about the money! If you do the right thing it will come, is his final piece of advice.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access