By August 1, health insurance companies had to issue rebate checks based on their medical loss ratio formulas. The MLR provision of PPACA requires 15% or 20% of expenses be spent on plan administrative costs. Big "I" CEO Robert Rusbuldt shares several points about the law.
* "It's ironic that the regulations are requiring more work by agents and brokers for less commission in many states and agencies. The notification provisions the searching of options for their clients, the work that's required now because health insurance is more complex. Despite what the law says, a lot of states are not following what the law requires. With brokers that sell across state lines now they have to know the regulatory provisions."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access