A new year is upon us, and with that comes newly opened health savings accounts started by your clients’ employees. However, many of these new HSA account holders don’t understand how to make the most of their accounts. Now is the time to guide them in the right direction, which will in turn help their employees maximize their new savings tool as soon as possible. Here are a few tips to pass along:
1) Activate your HSA debit card. An HSA debit card makes paying for healthcare convenient by allowing owners to make payments at the doctor’s office and local pharmacy directly from their HSA funds. Similar to a normal debit card, many health service providers accept HSA card information over the phone or online.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access