I love hearing about random national holidays—like National Banana Day and National Hug Day. The latest I heard about actually occurs today (Oct. 4): Get out your party hats for National Improve Your Office Day!
Get out your notepads too, as a new Staples.com survey marking the holiday reveals employees’ to wish list items for improving their office.
Topping employees’ wish lists for office improvements were:
* Eliminating office politics (44%).
* Allowing or encouraging telecommuting (41%).
* Upgrading computers and other office technology (37%).
* Getting nicer or more comfortable office furniture (35%).
* Providing more private work areas, and more flexible work hours (tied at 34%).
Before you go thinking the respondents were just full of complaints, here’s one gratifying nugget: One thing respondents said did not needed improvement was their boss — nearly half (47%) gave their boss an “A” grade, while a combined 78% gave their boss an “A” or “B.”
What do you think? What would be your top ways for improving your office? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Employee Benefit Adviser content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access