1. An increase in a percentage cost-sharing requirement (i.e. co-insurance), regardless of the amount.
2. An increase in the deductible or out-of-pocket maximum by an amount that exceeds medical inflation plus 15 percentage points.
3. An increase in copayments if the increase exceeds the greater of $5 (adjusted for medical inflation) or medical inflation plus 15 percentage points.
4. A decrease in the employers contribution rate by more than 5 percentage points (measured for each tier of coverage).
5. Eliminating all or substantially all benefits to diagnose or treat a particular condition.